A couple of years ago I worked with a company selling software. I bought their software the first time in 2002. What I learned from them is you have to be selling.
Here is how business really works …
Create something people want …. and sell it to them.
That is it. No rocket science! I do not like rocket science by the way … if it is TOO difficult to explain don’t do it!
When the economy catches a cold … don’t stop marketing! Many businesses start cutting expenses (not always a bad thing … you MUST be in control of your expenses). What I don’t understand is HOW a business owner can cut the blood flow of the business? Marketing and Sales!
In many businesses you put on many different hats. Putting in VERY long hours. Working hard. You have a lot to handle in the business. Many times you are the business!
If your sales are slowing, if you feel you are TOO busy with OTHER stuff, stop! Take a step back and review where you are in your business.
What you always need in business is sales. Nothing happens unless a sale is made.
So, here are some marketing and sales ideas for you:
- Have a dedicated person or “team” FOCUSED on sales. Not admin. Nope. Just sales. Goals. Targets. Leads. Follow ups. That is WHAT they do. Develop their sales skills and invest in daily motivation.
- Sales don’t happen without leads. Put a lead generation program in place. And not just one. A couple of these, laser focused.
- Stay in touch with ALL your clients, current, past and potential customers.
- Package your products and services to a level that is easily understood by your client (we have worked with MANY businesses and found packaging lacks often … the upside is also true … there is a lot of potential here). One client went from R 6 mil to R 17 mil turnover in less than 12 months just by fixing their packaging and getting it out into the market.
- Do not stop your marketing and sales. It is the life blood of your business. The first step in sales is lead generation. If there are no knocks on the door you can’t sell anything! Get knocks on the door.
Are you interested in getting more knocks on the door? More leads? Invest in a dedicated lead generation campaign. Lead generation campaigns start from R5000 per month which includes the advertising budget and our management fee to constantly improve your results.
Many lead generation companies share leads. We don’t. All leads are exclusive to you (why do you want start a price war from the moment you get a lead? ). Contact us today to get started with getting more leads.