Marketing and sales is fun, right? No. Then maybe it is time to talk about it.
Many businesses are so occupied with operations and administration in their business, that they never REALLY talk about their marketing and sales. Yes, you might have it as an agenda item once a month, BUT is that enough?
I am lucky to see the insides of many businesses. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Most companies are good at what they do. When it comes to their marketing; there is a LOT of work to do!
A major flaw I consistently see in business; not knowing who your ideal customer is.
Can you define your ideal client? Who they are? Where they live? How old they are? Their income? The things they read? The people they follow? The type of industry they are in? The position they occupy?
AND very important: WHAT KEEPS THEM AWAKE AT NIGHT?
Knowing this helps ALL your marketing!
There is ONE question you MUST answer in your marketing; they are tuned in to WIIFM. What is In It For ME? It is NOT about you; its about them. What do THEY get?
Your customer does not care about the features, or the good services, or being that unique. It is expected and part of the service or product.
You need to answer questions the client has; like these:
- How much faster will I get there?
- How much money will I save?
- How much free time will I have?
- How much money will I make?
- How many will I get?
- How will I get there?
There are 3 key elements you must KNOW for your marketing to work. If you miss these your marketing will lack in results:
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What is your message?
- What channel will you use to reach them?
Once you have an answer to these question you can move to the next phase (a lead generation pilot campaign).
Maybe it is time you talk to someone about your marketing and sales?
Contact me today for a 30 minute chat about your marketing and sales (online and offline).
- Bernice discovered a missing step in their sales process. Adding one step to their sales process resulted in closing all quotes in the first week of implementation.
- Kirsten discovered R2,5 million and closed R159 000 in the first week.
- Jan saved 1/3 on advertising, doubled traffic and doubled leads.
There is something magical that happens when you talk about your marketing and sales. It is as if you become more focused on what needs to be done. There is no magic pill. It is still work. Difference is it is focused work.
Now it is YOUR turn!