Welcome to JPM Digital. This policy explains how we collect; use, disclose and protect information that applies to our services and products, as well as our networked sites.
We collect the following types of information about you:
• Information you provide to us directly: We collect and store the contact details you enter on the contact forms, widgets, landing pages on our website or other pages, this usually includes your name, an email address, and or a contact phone number. Sometimes we may also ask for your location to assist in identifying the right person to respond to you. We use this information to respond to your request or deliver the relevant information. We transmit your details electronically from this site using email and HTTP protocols. We will not contact you other than in connection with your request. This may include contact to clarify your request, respond to it and follow up and other marketing communication. You may decide to opt out at any time using links on the email communication.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications us, at all times.
However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the website(s) or services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that may be added, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
What information do we hold?
We hold information about two kinds of users:
a) The people who buy from us or use ours services (clients)
b) People interested in our products or services (leads)
The people who fill in an enquiry form on this site or one of the websites that this service provides for users. These people are referred to as leads.
We do not intentionally process children’s personal data.
We hold the following information about our users.
Client contact information:
• Name and surname
• Company name
• Email addresses
• Phone numbers
• Business addresses
• Invoicing address
• Website URL
• Usage information
• Date and time on which they signed up for the service
• Date and time they last used the service
• The current status of their account on our service
• Cookies enabling authentication, preferences and settings
• Payment information
• Invoices for our services
• Payment receipts
• Failed payment notifications
• Contact information is provided by the user
• Usage information is generated automatically by our service providers
Our users may provide payment information (name, email address and credit card details) directly to our payment service providers via a secure payment form on our website or on the payment service provider’s website. Payment receipts and failed payment notifications are generated by our payment service providers.
It is possible that in the future we may be required, by law, to share user’s invoices and other information with our local tax authorities if they investigate/audit our business. We use this information to provide the services our users pay us for.
Contact and usage information is kept for 12 months after an initial request has been made.
Information relating to invoices and payments is kept for 7 years after the end of our tax year to comply with regulations.
We hold the following information about leads.
• Name and or surname
• Email address
• Contact number(s)
• The nature of their enquiry
• Meta information
• Date and time on which they enquired
• The Google advert clicked if the enquiry came via Google AdWords
• The IP address of the computer they made the enquiry on
• Pages visited
• Email links clicked
• Facebook ads clicked
User information (clients and leads)
• Users may request access to personal information the service holds by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
• Users may provide updates to personal information the service holds by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
• Users may request deletion of personal information the service holds by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
• Users may request the cessation of processing of personal information the service holds by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
• Users may request delivery of personal information the service holds by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
• Users may withdraw consent by contacting the data protection officer (details on this page).
Data protection officer
• Johan Mouton is the data protection officer.
• He may be contacted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• He may be contacted by post to: PO Box 2249 Brooklyn Square, 0075
Sub processors: We use infrastructure and services provided by:
• Domains.co.za (website hosting, database, backups)
• Sage (quoting and invoicing)
• Drip (marketing automation)
• Zapier (process automation tasks)
• Avaza (project management)
• Google, Gmail and related services
• Microsoft Outlook (email), One Drive, and applications
• Google Ads (online advertising and conversion tracking)
• Facebook (pixels, audiences, ads, and related services)
• Raventools (reporting and tracking)
• PipeDrive (lead and client management; email communication and tracking)
• WebinarJam (online presentations)
• Zoom (online presentations and meetings)
• Skype (online presentations and meetings)
• Calendly (online booking platform)
Client and lead data is stored on their infrastructure or flows through it. Some personal data is shared with our accountants as needed to enable them to prepare our financial records.
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
The Company (Online Systems) is committed to protecting the privacy of the user of the website. We values the trust of its subscribers and all others who work with it. We recognises that maintaining your trust requires transparency and accountability in how the company handles your personal information. This privacy statement is incorporated into and is subject toour standard Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the Website.
In performing our services in the ordinary course of business, we may collect, use, and disclose personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information can expect that it will be lawfully protected as far as reasonably possible and that any use of this information is subject to consent, as required by law. This is in line with the general privacy practices of the company.
We comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA) and the principles outlined in Sections 50 and 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002 (ECTA) which govern your right to having your personal information kept private.
This privacy statement sets out how the company collects, uses, discloses, and safeguards the Personal Information it processes during its business.
In this privacy statement the company makes use of the following terms:
- “Personal Information” means all information which may be personal in nature or information about an identifiable natural or existing juristic person in terms of POPIA.
- “User, you, your or yourself” refers to any person who makes use of the Website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES ONLINE SYSTEMS COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect personal information in conducting its ordinary business operations, including using its Website. In processing such personal information, we ensures that it complies with the provisions of POPIA, and personal information is used for legitimate business purposes.
We limits the use and disclosure of personal information to include only what is permitted in terms of POPIA, where consumers have consented to such collection, use and disclosure.
Confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Unless we have your consent or permitted under the national laws, we will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. We will not use or share your personal information in ways unrelated to the circumstances described in this Website Privacy Statement.
Online Systems does not, except where otherwise permitted by law, collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your consent.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Online Systems operates its websites, and conducts its business in general, in accordance with South African legislation. The Company considers it imperative to protect the privacy interests of data subjects. If the company sends personal information outside of South Africa (including if such information is hosted offshore), the Company will ensure that it takes all reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with all applicable laws in this regard, including POPIA.
Unless permitted under the law or your consent is obtained, we will not transfer your personal information outside the Republic of South Africa.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal information retained on the company’s database, including such information obtained using the website, is in accordance with the retention provisions set out in the laws and regulations of South Africa, including those set out in POPIA.
We retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with laws and your consent to such purpose, remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to note that you have rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right to contact us at any time to:
- Confirm that it holds your personal information.
- Provide you access to any records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Confirm the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information.
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurately recorded. To be able to achieve this, we adhere to processes that help ensure and maintain data accuracy. We provide individuals with reasonable access to review and correct their personal information. Our contact information is as set out on the Contact Us page of this Website.
When you make a request regarding your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity. There may be times when we cannot grant access to your personal information, including where granting you access would interfere with the privacy of others, or result in a breach of confidentiality. We will always provide you with reasons if this is the case.
If you are of the view that any personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, including that it is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete, or misleading, you can ask us to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained, you can ask us to destroy or delete it.
You may do the same if you think that Online Systems has retained it for longer than necessary, given the purpose.
It is important, however, to understand that if you withdraw your consent for the Company to use some of your personal information, it may affect the quality and level of service that the Company can provide to you.
When you contactus, please let us know your name, address, any email address you have provided and a description of the circumstances under which you provided the data. We will make reasonable efforts to incorporate as soon as practicable the changes in personal information that we maintain.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator:
• By e-mail: email@example.com
• To the following postal address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria.
• By telephone: 012 406 4818
• By Fax: 086 500 3351.
We take security and the protection of personal information seriously. We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to protect any data that we collect. We have adopted procedures to secure storage of personal information and are committed to working with our data suppliers to protect the security of personal information during any transfer to or from us.
We have also instituted safeguards to identify and help prevent the fraudulent use of personal information. Your personal information is only accessible to those employees, agents, or contractors for business purposes and on a strictly need-to-know basis. For security purposes we then move all the personal information that we collect or obtain about you, to an environment on our network that has controls in place to limit access to and secure the data.
On the website, we take precautions to secure your personal information. If we ask you to provide your personal information, we will do so through a web page that uses the industry standard secure transport protocol. This protocol provides security for your information by encrypting it as it travels from your computer to our computer.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making alterations to data we maintain.
We have adopted a security model to protect your personal information that complies with generally accepted information security practices and procedures. As part of the Company’s security systems, the Company has implemented fire-wall technology, password controls, encryption processes and antivirus software. This is in addition to as the physical security measures adopted by the Company to ensure that it takes all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of damage to, or unauthorised destruction of personal information, and unlawful access to or processing of personal information. The Company has a security policy in place that every employee, and supplier of the Company must adhere to.
We defines children as individuals under the age of 18. This Website is not intended for the use of children, and we do not intend to collect information about children through the website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and our website do not target children under 18. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
You must be at least 18 to access or use any products or services through the Website or become a subscriber of any program entitled to subscription benefits.
A cookie is also set on your computer to allow us to recognize you whenever you visit and collect information, like the pages you visit and the preferences you choose. We use the information we collect for statistical purposes and to study how the Website is used so that we may improve and enhance your experience on the Website. No personal information is stored in cookies.
It is possible for you not to accept our cookies while using website by setting the preference in your web browser.
If you would like more information about cookies, you can visit: http://www.cookiecentral.com/n_cookie_faq.htm.
As we are not responsible for any representations, information, warranties, or content on any website of any third-party. The Company does not exercise control over third-parties’ privacy policies. The Company is not responsible for how such parties collect, use, or disclose your information. It is important for you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your personal information.
We may use Google Analytics or other similar analytical tools to obtain information collected to display, optimise, and personalise advertisements and customer experience on our websites. To determine which advertisements you may find useful, and to personalise your experience on the website.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to promote and market additional products, services, and special offers from us or our affiliates that may be of interest to you. When you visit our websites, we may ask you if you want to sign-up to receive information and promotional offers and its marketing partners.
If you decide to register for emails, you may opt-out from receiving such communications, at any time. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us as per the details provided on the contact us page or use the functionality on the email. If you do not provide us your consent, some features in our website may not be available to you.
We will use your personal information for direct marketing purpose only if you give your consent to us or it is permitted by the laws.
In case you no longer want to receive this news or information, you may opt-out of receiving such by responding to the newsletter and asking to be unsubscribed or calling the company and asking to be taken off the list.
Our compliance with this Website Privacy Statement will be monitored on a regular basis. We reserve the right to modify this Website Privacy Statement with or without notice. The Website Privacy Statement posted at any time via the Website shall be deemed to be the Website Privacy Statement then in effect. You therefore agree and undertake to review the Website Privacy Statement whenever you visit the Website.
Questions, concerns, or complaints related to this Website Privacy Statement or the Company’s treatment of personal information should be directed to the email address as per the Website Contact Us page.