When your are planning your first small business website, there are three very important questions you should ask yourself before you start developing your website:
- Who is your target audience (ideal client / persona)?
- How will your ideal client find you (what marketing channels will you use)?
- How will you convert your visitors into sales (how will they make contact)?
These are some key questions to be successful online. Do some work and get answers on these questions.
1) Who is your target audience?
Not everyone is your customer. There are segments or markets where people are more likely to buy from you.
You want to focus and target these markets. This will help your marketing perform a lot better.
2) How will they find you?
Creating a niche with specific keywords and offers will help drive sales.
There are many different channels you can use. The most popular ones are:
- Google Ads: This is a paid service from Google. You can be on the first page of Google in one day.
- Google Search (SEO): Search Engine Optimization takes longer and more work is involved.
- Facebook: Billions of people use Facebook daily. Facebook offers a range of options to advertise and reach your market.
- LinkedIn: The professional business network. You can reach out to other professional people in the world.
- Instagram: A photo and video sharing app.
- Pinterest: Create pins. Share photos and more.
- YouTube: Create videos. Did you know YouTube is the 2nd post popular search engine. Yes, search engine.
3) How will you convert your visitors into sales?
People buy from people they like and trust. Your website should convey that trust. Have relevant and important information on your website. Use SSL (secure socket layer). Show associations and guarantees.
We talk about the action we want people to take when they visit your website.
Interested in developing your own website? Click here to learn how to use WordPress to create your own website (WordPress Training for Beginners). More than 25% of ALL websites are driven by WordPress. Here is how you can learn how to use this leading content management system for your business website.