There are different levels in business. In digital marketing, there are even more levels … or is that layers like an onion?
Depending on where you are in your business, you move between these levels. To move from one to the next, you need to know where you are currently.
I was on a call with Google Ads the other day going over some of their new product features. The conversation was all about how to get better quality leads.
Now, better quality leads sounds great, until you dig into it and discover a bunch of different levels involved in getting better quality leads.
These levels include:
- Your budget, as this determines what you can and cannot do. There is a big difference between a R100k and R5k monthly budget. A friend of mine works with resellers, and one them is running a R10k per month campaign, generating R500k in sales. They asked if that is good? What do you think?
- The systems you have, as this impacts trackability, and the type of campaigns you can do. Marketing automation, lead scoring, landing pages, fb leads campaigns are just some of these options.
- Your overall strategy, as this has the biggest impact on campaign failure or success. Most businesses spend not nearly enough time here. Here is an easy question, why choose YOUR business and not the competition? What makes your business unique? Better service is not the answer.
- Using multiple channels or single channel campaigns. This is probably the biggest change and impact over the past 20 years. When we were young everyone watched one of three TV channels and we all knew when popular shows were on ie Dallas and that is what we talked about the next day, JR and the gang. Now, you choose what you binge watch whenever you want, when you want. You choose where you want to hang out online. Its become micro segmented.
- Your sales process and follow up. One person closes 5%, another person 25% of leads.
There are SO many layers and levels to marketing and sales. Getting this right pays well. Really well.
Like this one client we have been working with since 2018. When we started, we doubled traffic and leads in the first month. They are now having record sales months. Some of these insights I will be sharing with clients for their 2022 strategy development (along with strategies to get better quality and more ready to buy leads).
If you are interested in getting better quality, more qualified, ready to buy leads, book a 30 minute session with me. The goal is to see if we are able to assist.
I personally work with only 15 clients per year. My team handles 20 clients. We did the calculations and that is the level where we are able to give the best support and service. 2022 will either be your best year, or not. You decide.