For the past 30 days I have run a couple of tests. Here are the findings.
We were able to increase traffic 107% over the past 30 days. We used email, social and organic traffic to increase overall traffic.
Why is website traffic important?
If your website has very little traffic, usually that means digital marketing will not work for you. If only 20 people visit your website in a month (and 8 of those was you) chances are not good to have success online. We talk about a statistical tipping point.
For instance, lets say you want 30 leads per month. That is 1 lead per day. If your website converts at:
- 10%: You will need 10 visits per day to get 1 lead.
- 5%: You will need 20 visits per day to get 1 lead.
- 1%: You will need 100 visits per day to get 1 lead.
If you have 20 visits a month, statistically you will get 0 leads if your website converts at 1% or 5%. If your website converts at 10%, you have a chance of 2 leads for the month.
I had a Skype session last week with a business owner. I asked; how much traffic she had to her website. She did not know. If you do not know; you will not be able to improve it. You will not know what is working and what is not working. In her case she was not getting leads. If you do not know and are not getting detailed website traffic reports, I can help with that (contact me).
BEFORE you get leads you MUST have traffic. It is traffic, leads, quotes, THEN sales. Those are the pillars.
I ask 4 key questions when we start helping businesses with their marketing.
Most business owners cannot answer these. When you get the answers to these 4 questions you can drastically improve your marketing.
The game has changed, a lot!
You see people are not using the internet like they did 5 years ago. It has changed. Here is how:
- Some people search on Google for information
- Many others ask other people on social media
- Building a community is important
- Email marketing is important
- Omnipresence is important
You cannot do just one thing. There are a lot of moving parts.
Yes, more people are online now. Yes, more people are searching. Their behavior has changed, a lot!
You need to do 7 things consistently:
- Create digital content
- Market your content (spend x4 the time marketing it compared to creating it)
- Paid marketing (this includes re-marketing)
- Build your audience
- Build your email list
- Use sales funnels
- Improve consistently
Interested in better marketing? Here are the 4 main steps:
- Step 1: Marketing Strategy Session
- Step 2: Ideal client, message, channel selection
- Step 3: Pilot campaign to test the market
- Step 4: Scale and automate the campaign to the next level
The first step is planning. You need to have plan. A strategy. Let’s chat, I can help you!